By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by the web site Terms and Conditions, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable to any person in relation to use of the website, and you waive all claims against us in relation to your use of the website. The materials on this web site are provided “as is”. Personal Loan Pal makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Furthermore, we do not warrant that the website will always be accessible and we do not warrant that the website is free from anything that may damage any device used to access the website.
We are bound by the National Privacy Principals and under the Privacy Act 1988 and as such, any information concerning the Client and their respective Client Records may be passed to third parties. However, Client records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than trusted partners who are necessary to provide the services heir in or if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities.
Third Party Websites
Personal Loan Pal may provide links to third party websites. These websites are not under our control, and we accept no liability for the content or availability of any linked site that is not operated by us or any link contained in a linked site not operated by us. You access those sites and use their products and services solely at your own risk. Accordingly, you should read the terms and conditions of those websites before using them and direct any questions or comments about the linked website’s contents to the relevant website provider.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exist on all text relating to Personal Loan Pal services and the full content of this website.
Personal Loan Pal maintains reasonable measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We have constructed our systems and processes to protect your information from square one. Please refer to our Security Policy for more information.
Collection & use of Information
Any information you provide Personal Loan Pal by any means, is only collected for reasons that are reasonably necessary or related to business functions or activities conducted by Personal Loan Pal. The purposes we collect this information include:
- Accept and process your application for a loan in accordance with the requirements by law;
- Assess your personal and/or commercial creditworthiness;
- To gather and aggregate information for statistical, prudential, actuarial and research purposes;
- Make a determination about the risk of you defaulting on your obligations to us;
- To develop and implement measures to detect or prevent fraud and credit loss;
- Undertake, where appropriate, risk assessment and management involving securitisation, credit scoring, portfolio analysis, reporting and fraud prevention and claim recovery;
- If your application is successful, provide you with a loan and determine on what terms we will do so;
- Manage your account with us;
- Assist in the resolution of any dispute you have with us;
- Provide you with information about other products or services we currently offer, or may offer in the future or are offered by our commercial partners, and
- Satisfy an obligation we may have under the law to collect personal information or make assessments.
The kinds of personal information we may collect about you include:
- Your name, address, occupation, age, gender, your e-mail addresses, bank account details, income details, and other financial information.
- Information about your transactions with us or others, such as payment history and loan balances, and information you provide when you contact our customer service department.
- Information we receive from third parties, such as credit reporting bodies and other lenders.
- Information we receive from other third parties, such as lead providers and others.
We use ‘cookies’ to provide you with better and more customised service and with a more effective website. A ‘cookie’ is a small text file placed on your computer by our web page server. Our webpage servers can later retrieve a cookie. Cookies are frequently used on websites and you can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your Internet browser.
If you have a complaint or dispute in relation to the website, please contact us using our contact details published on the website.
Exclusions & Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Personal Loan Pal:
- Excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or Personal Loan Pal literature; and
- Excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised Personal Loan Pal of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
Personal Loan Pal does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.